Sunday, November 17, 2013

Tyranny



I boarded the train on the empty platform
Next station Dadar, there’s gonna be a storm

Trooped off with me are two lazy fellas
One asks for chewing gum, other says ‘khallas’

With loud hush, train enters station of Dadar
Suddenly alert, crowd starts to gather

The train pushes more people inside it daily
Like a thin boy stuffs burger in his belly

Showers of chitchat all over on me
Like a group of birds released to fly free

Jabbering of people healing each other’s wound
Hush of locomotive making the constant sound

When the pace of mind becomes that of train
The spirit of Mumbai is passing through everyone’s vein

Blinking towers peep constantly from windows so narrow
Thoughts flash and disappear like city’s sparrow

Smell stinks in, sometimes when we are lost
But we have to bear it for a while at any cost

Towers at a distance, standing so tall
Though hands help up high, they make you look small

Shallow water running hastily beneath the bridge
A bottle of water comes out of a bag, cold as if out from a fridge

The furthest of the towers touching black sky
Mesmerized by it, even the stairway to heaven will shy

Contraplex of words finally slows down in lull
Pace of the moving bogie tries to get consubstantial

The view of final station glitters in eyes
Ears get straighten up to hear shouting and cries

The crowd gets ready to wake up and serr
Hands look for support and legs move together

Bereaved and pent heads then emerged out of door
Looking for a space to rest their feet on the floor

Fickleness of crowd pushes me out
I jump off suddenly and can’t even shout

Two of my fellas appear jabbering thereafter
Even in the lair of platform I can hear their laughter

I march towards the bridge, but they now resist
Frenetic are their minds, I know so I insist

To save time they serr over the rail tracks
Can’t be assailant now, so I can follow ‘em at the max

On the other platform stands a tall shaggy man
I see his black suit and then I understand

Sternly he holds the three of us and walks
This time neither my admonitions work nor my talks

That feeling of guilt, and annihilating I am now
I pray and cry, but can’t stop his gibe somehow

He bereaved us to pay for our crime
The precept makes me angry and I refuse this time

But it’s hard to invigorate my lazy fellas, I realized
So, with a compromised covenant we decided to end this fight

Years of struggle and so many words of gibe
At the end of all this, I am still paying someone bribe

With a scornful way, I start walking away
Let the path take me anywhere and let my mind have something to say

I pretend to be cognizant but, have shame inside me
Somewhere deep in my mind

I decide to end this tyranny….


No comments:

Post a Comment